The Presuppositions of NLP are assumptions that as a NLP Practitioner you make in order to create rapport with a client and so see the world through their eyes which in turn gives you a much better opportunity of working with them to achieve positive and long lasting change in them.
All of the presuppositions will be explained fully should you train with us as they form the foundations on which NLP is based.
Convenient Assumptions For Phenomenal Results
Mnemonic Device: RESPECT UR WORLD
- Respect for the other person’s model of the world.
- Behaviour and change are to be evaluated in terms of context, and Ecology
- Resistance in a client is a Sign of a lack of rapport. (There are no resistant clients, only inflexible communicators. Effective communicators accept and utilize all communication presented to them.)
- People are not their behaviors. (Accept the person; change the behavior.)
- Everyone is doing the best they can with the resources they have available. (Behavior is geared for adaptation, and present behavior is the best choice available. Every behavior is motivated by a positive intent.)
- Calibrate on Behavior: The most important information about a person is that person’s behavior.
- The map is not the Territory. (The words we use are NOT the event or the item they represent.)
- (U) You are in charge of your mind, and therefore your results (and I am also in charge of my mind and therefore my results).
- People have all the Resources they need to succeed and to achieve their desired outcomes. (There are no unresourceful people, only unresourceful states.)
- All procedures should increase Wholeness
- There is ONLY feedback! (There is no failure, only feedback.)
- The meaning of communication is the Response you get.
- The Law of Requisite Variety: (The system/person with the most flexibility of behavior will control the system.)
- All procedures should be Designed to increase choice.